Writer (part or potential full-time/contract hire/remote)
IRT seeks to hire a contractor possessing proven skills at brand-level writing, editing and publishing for the organization’s promotional and educational materials while collaborating with our team leaders to tailor content for both print and digital platforms. This person will create content appealing to and engaging our target audiences, reinforce brand attributes, and strengthen our thought leadership and influence across the many sectors where we work.
Work with colleagues across the organization to surface the most important messaging to our audiences.
Writing needs include (for example):
- Website content
- Promotion and press releases
- Editing materials written by other team members
- Newsletter editing
- Scripts for videos
- Educational assets
- And more…
- Minimum of 5 years experience in writing and editing for traditional print and digital media.
- Experience cultivating and supporting a specific brand voice.
- Working understanding of audience personas; experience working with content strategists and user experience specialists.
- Proven experience transforming complex intellectual, scientific, or academic material into compelling content, and the ability to understand nuanced material.
- Experience selecting photos / helping to develop editorial graphics and infographics.
- Meticulous about accuracy and grammar.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of GMOs and environmental issues is a plus.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]