About the Organization
Institute for Responsible Technology (IRT) is a world leader in educating the public and change-makers about the health risks and environmental dangers of GMOs and associated pesticides.
IRT’s mission is to protect the genetic integrity and nature’s biological evolution by preventing the outdoor release of genetically modified organisms, and to protect human and animal health by preventing the use of GMOs in the food and feed supply.
IRT is building a global movement to alert, recruit, and empower organizations and leaders around the world to address this emerging threat. The working title is Protect Nature Now campaign.
Protect Nature Now will initially focus on GMO microbes (while simultaneously addressing any timely threats and opportunities related to other GMO species). Once the microbe issue is addressed and stabilized, we will expand our campaign to encompass all genetically engineered organisms.
Our campaign: Builds an unprecedented coalition, Mainstreams the message, Drives regulation through a legal activist strategy.
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented college or graduate student, or recent graduate interested in providing support for visual communications activities for a variety of external marketing materials including booklets, coordinated event materials, infographics, etc.
Concurrently, the intern will have the opportunity to gain experience understanding the day-to-day operations and duties of a non-profit organization.
- Providing support toward visual communications activities including, but not limited to, designing and refreshing handouts, infographics, etc.
- Understanding the organization’s branding guidelines, look and feel, and goals for visual communications products
- Contributing creative support to institutional communications campaigns and integration with social media platforms and website
- Providing logistical support leading up to special events, as needed
- Supporting additional communications-related tasks, as needed
- Experience with graphic design software (Adobe suite preferred) and communications or marketing strategies for nonprofits
- Interest in and desire to learn more about nonprofit communications
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Proficiency with MS office suite, Google Drive, and website editing preferred
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive attitude
- Current College or Graduate Student, or Recent Graduate
Time Commitment: 10 hours per week remotely for 3 months.
- Gain practical experience creating and driving a global advocacy campaign
- Collaborating hand-in-hand with skilled non-profit leaders
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with seasoned professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to Albulena at [email protected]