8.1 Pregnant mothers eating GM foods may endanger offspring
1. Embryo development can be adversely affected by tiny amounts of substances in the mother’s diet.
2. A pregnant mother’s diet may even alter gene expression in children and be passed on to future generations.
3. GM crops may contain substances that impact normal fetal development, but have
never been adequately tested for these effects.
8.2 GM foods are more dangerous for children than adults
1. Children are generally more susceptible to toxins, allergens and nutritional problems.
2. They consume more milk which may be from cows treated with rbGH.
3. The emergence of antibiotic-resistant diseases may also significantly impact those
children who are prone to recurring infections.
A summary of the 65 Health Risks
Presented in Genetic Roulette by Jeffrey Smith